April 27, 2010

I also check my blog for CC

I was building an older house earlier and needed a few more things, so I started searching the blog and found some things I didn't have/forgot about. Anyway, here's a few pictures that came up in the vintage search. If you use the search box at the top left, what ever you type in (as long as it's in the title or post) will come up...creator names, sites, etc. There's two pages, so be sure to click older posts. I'm sure most of you already know this, but some might not. It's just another option like the categories. BTW, the other search box with the big red X through it will be deleted as soon as I post this, since that search doesn't display pictures, and that's pretty useless. I only added it because the current template hid the Navbar.












13 comments:

  1. I was trying to find something a week ago and used that search engine with the x thru it. Got something totally different, think it was like a google search for the blog. Didn't check for the other search engine, sometimes I miss stuff. Thanks for the info, Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are we supposed to be seeing the bar at the top?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thx for telling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol i like the painting that says GOSH WE ARE SO RETRO lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. No D: i used that thing all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea the upper left search box did anything. I thought it was a blogger search, not a blog search!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i used that search box quite a bit. all you really have to do is click the link. it's kind of a google search just for this blog. no pictures is fine for me, i can read. categories takes forever to go through and find exactly what you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. People who can't see the box, it's probably because your browser doesn't accept iFrames.

    I made a small script to run a search:

    javascript:var ms3bquery = prompt("Type in what you are searching for.", "");if(ms3bquery != "") window.location = "http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/search?q=" + ms3bquery; void(0);

    Just past it at the address, run it, type in what you are looking for and you will be redirected to the page where your search will be handled. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, I'll put the other search back, so there's two options:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. MS3B, if you want to customize the old search area, you can create a simple form and direct the result to the new system, instead of Goggle Custom Search.

    Something like:
    <form action="./search" method=GET onSubmit="if(this.q.value == '') {this.q.focus(); return false; } else { return true; }">
    <input type=text name=q size=10>
    <input type=submit value="Search">
    </form>


    I had to format, don't know if blogspot unencode special HTML characters, in any case.

    < = "<"
    > = ">"

    I recommend to use the new query string search in blogspot instead of a custom search, only if you modify the search engine. Hope I was able to help with something!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never even noticed that searchbox, thanks for pointing it out. I have tried the Google lower one and it basically sucks.

    ReplyDelete